Cat5e Cable is used in network applications such as 10Base-T, 100Base-T, 1000Base-T Ethernet technology to 100 meters (328 feet), and have been designed specifically for Gigabit Ethernet applications (Gigabit over copper). They perform at high-data transfer rates, and work with ATM and gigabit speed products. These cables deliver improved performance over standard Cat5 cables.
This is the newest fully-approved system-standard Cat 5e Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) cable. Cat 5e (the "e" stands for "enhanced") is completely backward-compatible with current Cat5 equipment. Our Cat 5e Cables are composed of 4 pairs 24 AWG stranded conductors with PVC jackets. Conductors are wired to gold plated RJ45 plugs in accordance with the
TIA/EIA 568B standard (Telephone Industry Association/Electronics Industry Association.) Available in nine colors. Boots match cable color. Custom modular cable assemblies are available.
- Used to connect your network card to any of the following:
- 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
- 100BASE-T Ethernet
- 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- 10BASE-T Ethernet
- Category 5e UTP cable wired straight through. 24 AWG, gold plated 8x8 (RJ45) plugs.
- Patch cables & boots are the same color; boots are snagless.
- Patch cables have stranded copper conductors for flexibility - great for frequent changes that occur at the wall outlet or patch panel.